ACT is a partnership of research institutions, resource managers, and private sector companies dedicated to fostering the development and adoption of effective and reliable sensors and platforms for use in coastal, freshwater and ocean environments. The team serves as a resource to provide technology users with an independent and credible assessment of instrument performance in a variety of environments.
– Transition emerging technologies to operational use rapidly and effectively
– Maintain a dialogue among technology users, developers, and providers
– Identify technology needs and novel technologies
– Document technology performance and potential
– Provide a foundation for the US Integrated Ocean Observing System
In spring 2017, we will begin assessment of eight commercially available (or nearly) platforms developed to monitor fluorescence, a proxy for detection of phytoplankton and cyanobacteria. The instruments will be rotated around to various sites (including MLML) and tested with a stringent protocol.
Read more about ACT here: http://www.act-us.info